nedelja, 18. avgust 2013

Smile!


“Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” Mother Teresa


When do you look your best? When you feel good. And what do you do when you feel good? You wear a wide smile.


The science of smiling ...
smile is a facial expression formed by flexing the muscles near both ends of the mouth and by flexing muscles throughout the mouth.(by wiki)
But is it really just muscle movement? I don't think so. It is certanly much more than that. It it something that make people look so much more beautiful, happier, important, halthier, compitent,..
When I was younger l, I wasn't smiling or loughing very often. When I look bach now, I know, I was't a very happy person. And if I think a little better I wasn't very successful. I did't have that energy that many happy, smily girls have. They were always surronded by a massive crowd of people. And my best and most loyal companion was only my super sour face.
I read somewhere that we were all born with a smile on the face and that it folows us constantly over the very early childhood. Through the years some people lose this beautiful facial jewelry and forget how important it is to maintain it. It is proved that people who lough more  live longer, happier and have a more succesfull life.
Do you want to live longer and better? YES!
We don't need much, the secret formula is --- SMILE!  Yes it is that simple.
But if the smile is the secret way to the succesfull life why can't we learn how to smile more and better? Don't botherwith stuff you'll probably never understand, just fake your smiles even when there's nothing to smile or laught at! :D
Open the window and smile to the sun, smile to your friend, to your dog, or just to your face in the mirror.  

I’ve lost my smile when I was in high school. I became a sad, even depressed person. Constant bad mood and apathy controled my life for a very logn time. In that time i was't capable of doing anything good. I was't  a good friend, a good daughter, a good student,... baicaly, I wasn't good at anything. I  found I was cought in a very bad circle of bad mood.

But then things started to turn for the better. I met a boy. He was tottaly different than I. He was always so positve and spiritual and always had a good advice up in his sleeve. First, I wasn't very open for his »naive« kind of advices, but over the time he learnt me how to find good things in my life. He told me of 'fake smile'.  At least that’s how he called and still calls it.
What is it? It is a pretty naive technique that simply works. Whenever I was feeling down, sad, depresed he told me to just fake a smile.

At first I didn't beleive a simple and stupid thing like acting can work, but it does. It does wonders. The “cut” in bad mood is usually so abrupt that it makes me smile for real.

I am a living proof, or at least a beleiver that it works. Fake smile changeg my life in the way that I coud not imagine. I still have days when I feel a bit down and don't feel so good in my skin but I know I CAN make it better with this kind of a funny tool.

 We all know that people who do not feel good (are ill or just in emotional distress), have a bad body posture, they close themselves and have a bad body language all together. Well it turns out, it also works the other way arround. If you don’t feel good, you don’t “wear yourself right”, and if you only consciously change <our posture and start smiling or lauhging, everything starts turning for the better. Remember Pavlov’s dog? We aren’t that much different as it turns out.
A good TED talk on the topic: Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are.




In the end, I have just one advice – smile as much as possible, everything alse will come after.

It would be great if I could get your feedback if you choose to try this technique.

Love, P.


Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar